Practitioner Certification Program
Start thinking and working like a designer
Previously available only to our enterprise clients, LUMA Institute is now offering our Practitioner Certification Program to the public. The program combines expert instruction in the LUMA System of Innovation through hands-on training, peer-to-peer learning and on-demand resources to help everyone build skills and confidence thinking and working like a designer.
The program starts with a two-day, in-person workshop followed by three coaching sessions, two hours each, held remotely with a certified LUMA instructor.
Earn LUMA’s practitioner certification
Participants who successfully complete program requirements will earn LUMA Practitioner Certification in recognition of your new design skills and accomplishments.
You’ll receive a customized, downloadable certification document as well as a digital badge to share on social media and in your email signature.
The Practitioner Certification Program begins with LUMA’s two-day, in-person Fundamentals of Innovation workshop that introduces you to the LUMA System of Innovation in a group setting.
Through a dynamic mix of presentations and hands-on activities, the workshop will teach you to apply a versatile system that:
- Provides your teams with a repeatable way to innovate
- Promotes productive collaboration across teams
- Offers creative alternatives to traditional brainstorming
- Helps uncover deeper insights from market research
- Guides and informs development work for products, services and processes
Following the workshop, you’ll continue with activities and instruction to help you effectively apply human-centered design to your daily work. Components include:
- Remote sessions for expert coaching and instruction in additional design methods
- Assignments to complete and share
- Peer-to-peer sessions to give and get constructive feedback
- Presentations to demonstrate how you have used human-centered design
Throughout the Practitioner Certification Program, you’ll use LUMA Workplace®, LUMA’s digital platform that’s loaded with human-centered design tools, resources, how-to videos, expert tips, downloads and more.
What You Get
During the course of the program, participants will receive:
- Expert instruction built on real-life scenarios
- A common language for problem-solving
- Hands-on practice to deepen new design skills
- Guidance on how to bring a new way of working into your workplace
- “Innovating for People,” our acclaimed handbook of human-centered design methods
- A deck of LUMA’s human-centered design planning cards
- One-year subscription to LUMA Workplace®, LUMA’s digital platform
- Workshop completion certificate
- Expert remote coaching with your group
- Peer-to-peer learning with others in your group
Participants who successfully complete all program requirements receive:
- Downloadable certification document customized with your name
- Digital badge for posting to social media and sharing in email signatures