Passionate, dedicated, exceptional and humble
Dr Jay Elkerton
Head – Design Education
Ph.D., MS, and BA summa cum laude
Trained in Psychology,
Engineering, and Computer Science
Mini Executive MBA
MURAL Network Consultant
Certified LUMA Practitioner,
Facilitator, and Instructor
A Transformative Design Leader, Educator and Mentor
- “Unlocking tools, people, and ideas for design innovation”
- Taught and conducted HCD research at:
- University of Minnesota
- The University of Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- Applied HCD in consumer electronics, telephony, computing, Industrial automation, and government
- Established global design operations at Emerson
Global impact on products, solutions, and people
- Moved dozens of digital products to market faster with high return on investment with strategic design thinking workshops and design sprints.
- Expanded Emerson portfolio to include products based on IIOT, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Increased HP revenue by growing enterprise software licenses from 40K to 140K+ / year.
- Trained 1000s of people on design thinking, facilitation and design education
- Supported remote design thinking workshops with the use of MURAL, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
- Worked with: Emerson, HP, Nortel, NYNEX, Philips, MURAL, LUMA Institute